Dartfish Note is an app for iOS and Android, used to record observations and timings of important aspects of a game/match/contest. It produces a Notebook which is used in conjunction with the dartfish.tv video platform (where Notebooks are stored and distributed) and Dartfish Tagging software (which imports Notebooks to turn notes into events in the corresponding match video).
The goal of using Note is to efficiently produce annotated match video, highlight reels, video presentations and statistics – all the power of Dartfish software plus the possibilities of live tagging on a smartphone or tablet.
Tag/Code Events With Dartfish Note
The coach doesn’t write his notes; instead keywords and phrases describing the action are recorded with button taps and, because every coach’s priorities differ, he’ll start by designing a panel of buttons which satisfy those. There are two types of button:
- Buttons which create the event and record its time.
- Buttons which add additional keywords to describe the event
Furthermore, particularly outstanding events can be rated by tapping the star button.
What’s The Difference Between Dartfish EasyTag and Dartfish Note
- Easytag records one keyword per event – Note records up to three.
- Easytag only tags events – Note also tags the game
- A separate Easytag game must be created for each video recording – Note allocates events to periods, one for each video recording.
- Easytag panel layouts are simple and fixed – Note panels allow considerably more freedom and can be edited
- In Easytag, each button is defined individually – Note uses button groups to define collective properties and buttons can be duplicated. This makes creation of a Note panel much quicker and less error-prone.
- Note has a database of teams and players – personalize buttons quickly and simply, even while tagging.
- Note allows rating of events – makes the standout events standout
- Multiple undo